If you go to any of the random music gigs around campus, you already know about the band Morningsiders. And if you don’t, well that’s what Bars and Chords is here for. I first heard them at the Epic Showcase hosted by Sigma Lambda Beta a few weeks ago. Afterwards, my gut (Scandal plug) told me that I have been missing out on some awesome music. Hopefully, I’ll have the honor of interviewing them one day, but in the meantime, I think that telling the world about them will suffice. So here are the top 5 reasons you should be stalking the Morningsiders’ SoundCloud right now:
1. They don’t fit into a genre…”inspired folk-pop and blue-grass” mixed together, with coolness on the side. In other words, they’re DIFFERENT, which is good in the music world in case you didn’t know.
2. Their harmonies are a blend of perfection and serenity. You may even find yourself closing your eyes, transcending into a different realm of music (or something).
3. They made a video for Valentine’s Day.
4. You’re almost always guaranteed a trumpet, fiddle, or some kind of great solo.
5. We live in Morningside so, obviously, it’s our duty to support Morningsiders.
So…if you’re still not quite convinced, go ahead and check out their soundcloud or facebook, and see if you agree.